Thursday, July 20, 2006

Been a long time, a long lonely ole time...

Gosh, what a whirlwind it has been lately. I finished my first year of teaching successfully! At the same time as I was waiting to hear if I passed my final capstone oral defense for my masters program, I graded my last final exams. So, I finished the teaching year and finished my masters! I am so excited, so proud of myself. I started in January of 2004 and was at it full force for 2 1/2 years. I have four kids, went to school, and worked full time. No small feat if I say so myself. I am hoping my next year teaching will be easier because I won't have my own schooling, I will have one teaching year under my belt, and I won't have an hour of physical therapy for my knee surgery to squeeze in.
First day of summer came and ahhhh, I remembered what my old life was like. I love it. I miss it. I am enjoying every second of it. I watch my 10 year old nephew and my 8 year old niece in the summer on Tuesday, Wed, and Thursdays. So six kids for the summer sounds far from relaxing, but it is! The kids are great. They all get along. They keep each other busy. With the heat and no AC, we are usually out at a friend's pool or a local beach. I love it! It is like we are our own camp. Of course, this year it is math camp. I have seen first hand the importance of math skills, so I ordered workbooks for all the kids and they start the day with a half hour of math each day. And, so far, no complaints. They just do it.
I scrapbooked our Disney trip from February. I love the scrapbook. I just ordered 400 more pictures from snapfish. That will keep me busy a while.
Plus, I have been reading books. I haven't really had time to read for pleasure since I was going to school, so I am so thoroughly enjoying it. I am on my 5th book of the summer.
I guess that is my update for now.
As summer is going by way to fast, I will try to post more often. I have been very contemplative for some reason this summer. Interalizing everything, really thinking about everything. Kind of a stop and smell the roses thing because I know I will be back at work soon and I just want to make the most of my summer. I love this precious time with my kids.
Off to read my book: The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. It is good, I recommend it. I really recommend the Girl with the Pearl Earring. I didn't think I would like it, but I picked it up at a book sale for 25 cents and I couldn't put it down.
Enjoy every second!
Princess

3 Comments:

Blogger Doodlebugs' Mama said...

HEY YOU! It's SO GOOD to see you around (I found your blog through Hero's). It sounds like you've been super busy, but man, WAY TO GO on all of your accomplishments. That is fantastic!

I'm glad you're well and I hope you have a wonderful summer!

Morgan

4:35 PM  
Blogger Hero said...

Welcome back to the land of the living girlfriend. Sounds like things are really going your way, something everyone deserves.

Hugs.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Princess said...

Doodle and Hero -
Wow, I can't believe I got comments. Maybe this will encourage me to write more. Thanks for reading!
- Me

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home